Difference between revisions of "ECF Conference Call 4.16.2013"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: ==Agenda== ===Next Release of ECF=== *Proposal: Maintenance release 3.6.1 to include work on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=404763 bug 404763] and [https://bugs.eclipse....)
 
 
(10 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
==Attendees==
 +
 +
*Markus Kuppe, Scott Lewis, Prashant Tiwari. Harshana Martin
 +
 
==Agenda==
 
==Agenda==
  
===Next Release of ECF===
+
===Next Release of ECF:  3.6.1===
  
*Proposal: Maintenance release 3.6.1 to include work on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=404763 bug 404763] and [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=405027 bug 405027]
+
====When====
 +
 
 +
TBD. Target is sometime in April 2013...prior to the run up to Kepler simultaneous release...but it's partially dependent upon when we can get access to the OSGI Remote Services/RSA TCK...via OSGi Consortium and EF legal. 
 +
 
 +
Action:  Scott will communicate with Mike Milinkovich about the availability of the RSA TCK to us.
 +
 
 +
====What====
 +
 
 +
*3.6.1 will include work on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=404763 bug 404763] and [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=405027 bug 405027]
 +
 
 +
*3.6.1 *will not* include work on updating rest API to use apache httpclient4 [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=403675 bug 403675].  This work will be targeted for Kepler Simultaneous Release (late June).
  
 
===Usage of Git and Gerrit for ECF contributions===
 
===Usage of Git and Gerrit for ECF contributions===
 +
 +
*Action:  Markus will propose on bug [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=403675 bug 403675] that we use gerrit (newly enabled for the ECF project via [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=386286 bug 386286]).  We can try out how it works with our committers via that bug.
 +
 +
===GSoC Projects for GSoC'13===
 +
 +
Action:  Harshana will post some potential ECF GSOC projects on the GSOC 13 ideas page.
 +
 +
===Tycho and Maven Integration===
 +
 +
Git branch for Tycho work?  Harshana says yes...it's at github. 
 +
 +
Action:  Harshana will send mailing list post to describe where things are at, what any block
 +
 +
===Next ECF Conference Call===
 +
 +
When:  Tuesday, April 30, 2013.  1700 UTC/10am pacific.
 +
 +
How:  We are intending to try Google Hangouts for this meeting. 
 +
 +
Action:  Please send your email address to Harshana Martin...he will create Hangout and send invitations.
  
 
===Other Items===
 
===Other Items===
 +
 +
Prashant is interested in contributing in shared editing, android clients, and possibly other ideas. 
 +
 +
Action:  Scott will send email to mailing list to solicit input and committer support for work by Prashant in these areas and others that he might be interested in.

Latest revision as of 14:07, 16 April 2013

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • Markus Kuppe, Scott Lewis, Prashant Tiwari. Harshana Martin

[edit] Agenda

[edit] Next Release of ECF: 3.6.1

[edit] When

TBD. Target is sometime in April 2013...prior to the run up to Kepler simultaneous release...but it's partially dependent upon when we can get access to the OSGI Remote Services/RSA TCK...via OSGi Consortium and EF legal.

Action: Scott will communicate with Mike Milinkovich about the availability of the RSA TCK to us.

[edit] What

  • 3.6.1 *will not* include work on updating rest API to use apache httpclient4 bug 403675. This work will be targeted for Kepler Simultaneous Release (late June).

[edit] Usage of Git and Gerrit for ECF contributions

  • Action: Markus will propose on bug bug 403675 that we use gerrit (newly enabled for the ECF project via bug 386286). We can try out how it works with our committers via that bug.

[edit] GSoC Projects for GSoC'13

Action: Harshana will post some potential ECF GSOC projects on the GSOC 13 ideas page.

[edit] Tycho and Maven Integration

Git branch for Tycho work? Harshana says yes...it's at github.

Action: Harshana will send mailing list post to describe where things are at, what any block

[edit] Next ECF Conference Call

When: Tuesday, April 30, 2013. 1700 UTC/10am pacific.

How: We are intending to try Google Hangouts for this meeting.

Action: Please send your email address to Harshana Martin...he will create Hangout and send invitations.

[edit] Other Items

Prashant is interested in contributing in shared editing, android clients, and possibly other ideas.

Action: Scott will send email to mailing list to solicit input and committer support for work by Prashant in these areas and others that he might be interested in.