Difference between revisions of "ECF Conference Call 4.16.2013"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
(Tycho and Maven Integration)
(Agenda)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
==Agenda==
 
==Agenda==
  
===Next Release of ECF===
+
===Next Release of ECF:  3.6.1===
  
*Proposal: Maintenance release 3.6.1 to include work on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=404763 bug 404763] and [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=405027 bug 405027]
+
====When====
 +
 
 +
TBD. We would like to have it occur in April (prior to the run up to Kepler simultaneous release), but it's partially dependent upon when we can get access to the OSGI Remote Services/RSA TCK...via OSGi Consortium and EF legal.
 +
 
 +
====What====
 +
 
 +
*3.6.1 will include work on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=404763 bug 404763] and [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=405027 bug 405027]
 +
 
 +
*3.6.1 *will not* include work on updating rest API to use apache httpclient4 [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=403675 bug 403675].  This work will be targeted for Kepler Simultaneous Release (late June).
  
 
===Usage of Git and Gerrit for ECF contributions===
 
===Usage of Git and Gerrit for ECF contributions===
  
===Other Items===
+
*Markus will propose on bug [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=403675 bug 403675] that we use gerrit (newly enabled for the ECF project via [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=386286 bug 386286]).  We can try out how it works with our committers via that bug.
  
 
===GSoC Projects for GSoC'13===
 
===GSoC Projects for GSoC'13===
Line 16: Line 24:
  
 
Git branch for Tycho work?  Harshana says yes...it's at github.  Harshana will send mailing list post to describe where things are at, what any block
 
Git branch for Tycho work?  Harshana says yes...it's at github.  Harshana will send mailing list post to describe where things are at, what any block
 +
 +
===Other Items===
 +
 +
Prashant is interested in contributing in shared editing, android clients, and possibly other ideas.  Scott will send email to mailing list to solicit input and committer support for work by Prashant in these areas and others that he might be interested in.
  
 
==Attendees==
 
==Attendees==
  
 
*Markus Kuppe, Scott Lewis, Prashant Tiwari. Harshana Martin
 
*Markus Kuppe, Scott Lewis, Prashant Tiwari. Harshana Martin

Revision as of 13:58, 16 April 2013

Contents

Agenda

Next Release of ECF: 3.6.1

When

TBD. We would like to have it occur in April (prior to the run up to Kepler simultaneous release), but it's partially dependent upon when we can get access to the OSGI Remote Services/RSA TCK...via OSGi Consortium and EF legal.

What

  • 3.6.1 *will not* include work on updating rest API to use apache httpclient4 bug 403675. This work will be targeted for Kepler Simultaneous Release (late June).

Usage of Git and Gerrit for ECF contributions

  • Markus will propose on bug bug 403675 that we use gerrit (newly enabled for the ECF project via bug 386286). We can try out how it works with our committers via that bug.

GSoC Projects for GSoC'13

Harshana will post some potential ECF GSOC projects on the GSOC 13 ideas page.

Tycho and Maven Integration

Git branch for Tycho work? Harshana says yes...it's at github. Harshana will send mailing list post to describe where things are at, what any block

Other Items

Prashant is interested in contributing in shared editing, android clients, and possibly other ideas. Scott will send email to mailing list to solicit input and committer support for work by Prashant in these areas and others that he might be interested in.

Attendees

  • Markus Kuppe, Scott Lewis, Prashant Tiwari. Harshana Martin