ECF is currently using the Equinox Servlet Incubator to run support the example collab application running on the 'ECF generic' provider.
You can access this server for real-time collaboration by
- Downloading/Installing ECF SDK
- Right-clicking on a project (e.g. org.eclipse.ecf project in workspace)
- Choosing ECF->Connect Project...
- Selecting the 'ECF generic' provider from list
- Giving ecftcp://ecf.eclipse.org:3282/server as the connect URI.
- Choose a nickname
- Select OK
We have lots more planned for the ECF servers sub-project, including:
Running other providers on the server
- zeroconf discovery