ECF Generic Server
Connecting to the ECF Generic Server
- Download and install the ECF SDK.
- Right-click on a project within your workspace.
- Choose 'ECF' -> 'Connect Project...' from the popup menu.
- Select the 'ECF generic' provider from the list.
- Use ecftcp://ecf.eclipse.org:3282/server as the connect URI.
- Choose a nickname and then select the 'OK' button.
Setting up an ECF Generic Server with Equinox
- Follow instructions for setting up the Equinox Servlet Incubator. Note the location of the <appserverhome>/webapps/bridge/WEB-INF/platform/plugins directory.
- NOTE: ECF server requires some of the bundles that come from the Equinox core (containing org.eclipse.core.runtime packages and and others). See Equinox download page for these bundles.
- Download ECF plugins: ECF 0.9.6 or ECF Download Page
- Copy the ECF plugins into the <appserverhome>/webapps/bridge/WEB-INF/platform/plugins directory created above.
- Edit the conf/server.xml in org.eclipse.ecf.server plugin (temporarily (0.9.6) you will need to unjar this plugin, edit the server.xml as described below and either re-jar it or create a directory for it...we'll get this fixed in subsequent releases. I've setup bug 172724 to track this).
The default content for server.xml is:
<server> <!-- <connector protocol="ecftcp" hostname="localhost" port="3282" timeout="30000"> <group name="server"/> </connector> --> </server>
Notice that this default connector is commented out. You should create connectors like this (from ecf.eclipse.org):
<server> <connector protocol="ecftcp" hostname="localhost" port="3282" timeout="30000"> <group name="server"/> <group name="se"/> </connector> </server>
This sets up two groups, with URLs:
ecftcp://ecf.eclipse.org:3282/server and ecftcp://ecf.eclipse.org:3282/se
You can add as many groups as you want for a given connector.
- Start the org.eclipse.ecf.server bundle. This can be done via the server console (with 'start org.eclipse.ecf.server') or can be setup to start automatically via the <appserverhome>webapps/bridge/WEB-INF/platform/configuration/config.ini file.