As we move into the end-game, it's important to prioritize the issues so we have a good idea about what will and what might not be fixed.
- The general list of open e4 bugs is e4 bugs
- Please open new bugs here
- Our list of features that won't be addressed in 4.0 E4/SDKMissingFeatures
We ask that you do not edit this wiki page directly, at this point. Please add Boris and Susan to the CC list of any bug you think should be on the list, with a comment like "This bug should be a P1 (or P2, or P3) on the priority list."
See here for information about developing the compatibility layer.
If in the event that the SDK gets into a state that it will no longer start on your workspace but starts on a new one, you may want to try resetting the state of your workbench by deleting the
This list is not a complete list of work to be done. High priority items represent issues that impede a user's ability to use Eclipse 4.0 as an IDE. Lower priority issues describe missing (non-critical) function, missing polish, etc.
This list will serve as the "polish" list as we work our way through the Eclipse SDK 4.0 end-game.
P1 - severe
This is the "stop-ship" list. It includes missing function in everyday editing scenarios.
- NPEs thrown when switching between a dialog and the WW, or between dialogs. bug 315270 (Mainstream scenarios have been fixed)
- Remove the keys preference page or otherwise indicate clearly that it is not expected to work bug 317299
P2 - major usability/functional issues
These items are in priority order. The items earlier in the list cause a poor first impression, so they are listed first.
- Toolbar items have random ordering bug 318715
- Toolbar items disappear while dialog is up bug 318711
- Unable to maximize editors bug 309249
- Duplicate toolbar items (navigate group) bug 318713
- o.e.ui.menus toolbar contributions (Eclipse SDK 4.0 misses toolbar icons) bug 316299
- Outline view menu and toolbar are empty bug 317187
- Window > Show View does not work bug 319050
- Missing view titles/tab shrinking algorithm incorrect/view toolbar doesn't move bug 281771, bug 318499
- Stylesheet for Eclipse 3.6 look bug 319324
- New splash screen bug 300274
- Right and left trim should not have gradient styling bug 319805
- CSSSWTEngineImpl leaks memory bug 318944
- Missing tool bar group separators (was too many separators) bug 318847
- Edit menu missing contributions bug 318856
- Show In sub-menu misses contributions bug 317193
- Navigate > Show In are empty bug 317190
- Contributed menu items in wrong order bug 318857
- Issues surrounding mixing views and editors bug 319961
- Dragging a view should not split the editor area bug 317466
- Missing menu separators bug 318848
- second window prevents paste in first window bug 316914
- NPE thrown when using multiple consoles bug 304863
- Eclipse Marketplace Client menu missing bug 315260
- Sometimes drag and drop stops working bug 320025
- Issues surrounding parts grabbing focus too aggressively bug 319799, bug 308700
- Cocoa UI enhancer bug 318759
- Perspective customize/save does not work bug 317203
- Close/Close Others/Close All menu in editor bug 319800
P3 - usability/functional issues
- Implement e4 minimize/maximize behavior bug 302758
- Minimizing non-active stack sends it to trim but then also activates it bug 315807
- Minimized stacks don't properly track opening / closing views bug 316484
- View tabs have no context menu - can't make it a fast view bug 317207
- Minimized stacks not visible on restart bug 317506
- Key assist doesn't work bug 317201
- QuickAccess missing features in 4.0 bug 320020
- Perspective switcher docking behavior bug 314163
- Toolbar flashes when switching between views in the same stack (windows only) bug 317623
- JUnit fast view / hidden icon no longer shows progress bug 318866
- Splitter area between part stacks is too small/shadows should be included bug 308487
- Variables view refresh problems bug 317602
- Splash screen taken down too early bug 320021