Scripting is about easy customization, and automation of common workflows.
While most editors, IDEs and office tools support some sort of scripting, there is no common approach at Eclipse. Some projects exist but it's very fragmented. This effort is about getting together and unifying the efforts, such that we all get to a better solution.
Success Statement: Provide an installable scripting framework from Eclipse.org which satisfies most needs, such that fragmented efforts are united again.
Status / News
Sep. 2013:: The Eclipse Scripting initiative has been revived with strong input from Polarsys, TOPCASED, Atos, Airbus, Infineon and others. Goal is a first release end of October. There will be a presentation at EclipseCon Europe 2013. A weekly technical meeting is held on Wednesday 11.00 CET. See recent mailing list postings and meeting notes for more details.
Please direct all discussions around scripting to our archived mailing list. This page will collect our current understanding of things.
Focused requirements for the Eclipse Scripting revival project
Very broad collection of scripting cases from the Community
- E4/Scripting/telcon20130911 - Eclipse Scripting revival - Technical meeting
- E4/Scripting/telcon20130904 - Eclipse Scripting revival - Technical meeting
- E4/Scripting/telcon20130820 - Eclipse Scripting revival - Kickoff
- E4/Scripting/bofecon12 - interested parties, list of tools, and some hands-on thoughts
- E4/Scripting/summit08 - hilevel list of use-cases and thoughts