Jump to: navigation, search

E4/Resources/Meeting/6-Feb-2009

< E4‎ | Resources‎ | Meeting
Revision as of 05:24, 4 March 2009 by Martin.oberhuber.windriver.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Meeting Title: E4 Resources meeting
Date & Time: Friday Feb 6, 2009 at 1600 UTC / 11am EST / 8am PST
Ical.gifiCal,Xml.gifATOM News Feed,Html.gifHTML
Canada and US Toll Free: (866) 740-7083
International Dial-in: +1 (702) 696-4217 (more numbers here)
Conference ID: 613 277 0037 #

Attendees

  • Call is Open, Anybody can join.


Agenda/Notes

Feel free to edit, but not during the meeting

Review of Action Items

  • Last Meeting: E4/Resources/Meeting/23-Jan-2009
  • (old) Martin create SearchCVS service for e4 resources - started on database, query missing AI mail e4-dev
  • (old) Martin send a proposal regarding experimental API tagging policy to the e4 mailing list - pending bug 261874 AC discussion about provisional API
  • (old) Martin have Google Calendar send a meeting invite for the next meeting - pending webmaster setup in mailing list admin interface
  • (old) Doug to work on getting people on IRC - pending WR IT
  • (old) Doug document how users can get e4 resources (what's the required process and target platform) - Ok green.gif AI Serge to blog and send E-Mail
  • (old) Ken put references to bugs which are interesting for him into the meeting notes
  • (old) Ken have somebody from Symbian Foundation comment on bug 249745 regarding their experiences with git and Mercurial
  • (old) Serge to blog about how to consume his resources changes from the e4 builds
  • John to show Serge's work to Kevin
  • Serge to e-mail e4-dev about adding changes to more (UI) bundles in support of his resources changes
  • Open items moved to #Action Items

Current work items (master bugs)

  • bug 252647 - Master plan item for e4 flexible resources (referenced on e3.5 project plan)
    • bug 252996 - Serge: Resource Tree Filters - in e4 currently
    • bug 229633 - Serge: Linked resources with relative path / variable-based; grouping feature - in e4 currently
    • bug 245412 - Martin: Physically nested projects - many related bugs e.g. James Blackburn bug 253898 LaunchManager
    • bug 233939 - Martin: Alias Management for symlinks - James Blackburn filed bug 253912 common IResource for all aliases
    • bug 244979 - Martin: Lazy Resources / lazy refresh
    • bug 253705 - Szymon: Support for "branched" file systems (EFS for iSeries) - no coding yet but collected some iFS material
    • bug 255425 - Terry: Support for transactions when modifying ProjectDescription
    • bug 215261 - Chris: EFS logical/physical API
  • Metadata: Sharing/Linking/Inheritance of project settings? Pluggable Project Persistence? What to do for Build stuff
  • Faceted Project Framework - Eric Frey been looking at it, looks very interesting on the surface, would like to see it in CDT
  • Lightweight Resources: Terry Parker (tried TPTP now for profiling, now using JProfiler (slows down by 5-10x) - got pulled off into something else
  • Remote File System: Chris Recoskie (currently releasing PTP/RDT, will jump on e4 later, no news)
    • bug 253777 Support async programming patterns in Core
    • EFS Performance: tons of stat requests, should Resource layer do more caching or will we want a caching EFS implementation such as Hadoop DFS?
  • Workspace Concept Separation
    • John separate workspace from instance area bug - see bug 245399 comment 2
    • bug 245405 workspace description files for pushing workspace prefs to team members / facilitated on-boarding
    • bug 245399 multi-workspace

It looks like we're building things bottom up.

Discussion

Action Items

Next Meeting