|Meeting Title:||E4 Resources meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Friday Apr 17, 2009 at 1500 UTC / 11am EDT / 8am PDT|
iCal,ATOM News Feed,HTML
|Canada and US Toll Free:||(866) 740-7083|
|International Dial-in:||+1 (702) 696-4217 (more numbers here)|
|Conference ID:||613 277 0037 #|
- Doug Schaefer, Serge Beauchamp, Kenn Hussey, Szymon Brandys
- Not much new happened this week. Everyone has been busy on other things. A lot of people are busy working towards M7 of Galileo.
- Had a great discussion on REST and what it would look like for resources.
- Every resource is identified with URI
- Use search to find resources that are interesting
- But what do you do with the parent/child hierarchies and the project navigator?
- The URI paths still represent structure like this, but no standard way to get list of children in REST
- It's a new work flow, this structure is less important now that we have search
- Doug after the meeting: We could derive the structure from the indexes driving the search to satisfy the curmudgeons
- This led to an interesting discussion on a big missing piece of e4, the IDE
- So focused on being more than an IDE at Eclipse that we're neglecting it
- We should look at workflow improvements as part of e4.
- Mylyn is doing to some really cool things, is there more of this we can do as part of e4?
- e4 update from yesterday's e4/Meeting Minutes/Status 20090416 call
- Nothing new there either.
- Next meeting slot (1-May) is a public holiday in many countries, how to proceed?
- We can have it anyway. My (Doug's) calendar is pretty full to move this to another day.
Review of Action Items
- Last Meeting: E4/Resources/Meeting/3-Apr-2009
- (old) Martin create SearchCVS service for e4 resources - started on database, query missing AI mail e4-dev
- (old) Martin send a proposal regarding experimental API tagging policy to the e4 mailing list - pending bug 261874 AC discussion about provisional API
- (old) Ken put references to bugs which are interesting for him into the meeting notes
- (old) Ken have somebody from Symbian Foundation comment on bug 249745 regarding their experiences with git and Mercurial
- Kenn to create bug for modeled resources
- Martin to ping Chris Recoskie
- Martin to create bug for RESTful resources discussions
- Open items moved to #Action Items
Current work items (master bugs)
- bug 252647 - Master plan item for e4 flexible resources (referenced on e3.5 project plan)
- bug 252996 - Serge: Resource Tree Filters - in e4 currently
- bug 229633 - Serge: Linked resources with relative path / variable-based; grouping feature - in e4 currently
- bug 245412 - Martin: Physically nested projects - many related bugs e.g. James Blackburn bug 253898 LaunchManager
- bug 233939 - Martin: Alias Management for symlinks - James Blackburn filed bug 253912 common IResource for all aliases
- bug 244979 - Martin: Lazy Refresh
- bug 253705 - Szymon: Support for "branched" file systems (EFS for iSeries) - no coding yet but collected some iFS material
- bug 255425 - Terry: Support for transactions when modifying ProjectDescription
- bug 215261 - Chris: EFS logical/physical API
- Metadata: Sharing/Linking/Inheritance of project settings? Pluggable Project Persistence? What to do for Build stuff
- bug 255371 Modeled Preferences
- Faceted Project Framework - Eric Frey been looking at it, looks very interesting on the surface, would like to see it in CDT
- bug 102527 Project refactoring - add and remove project natures
- Lightweight Resources: Terry Parker (tried TPTP now for profiling, now using JProfiler (slows down by 5-10x) - got pulled off into something else
- Remote File System: Chris Recoskie (currently releasing PTP/RDT, will jump on e4 later, no news)
- bug 198591 Allow builder to specify scheduling rule (builder to operate on a single project only, or run in parallel to other WS operations)
- bug 263671 Project cloning and relocation capability
- Workspace Concept Separation
- E4/Resources/Definitions of Terms what is a workspace?
It looks like we're building things bottom up.
- Next E4/Resources/Meeting/1-May-2009 (2 weeks after)