The E4 Resources work is about improving Eclipse Platform Resources,
both in terms of APIs and end-user usability.
The Flexible Resource Model is especially about making the
concept of a Project more flexible.
The Goals are listed in detail on the Requirements page, in short:
- Make the Workspace, Project and Resource structure flexible enough to embrace any existing (legacy) structures.
- Build an architecture that's easy to understand, reliable, simple and safe to code against.
- Support future environments (client/server, distributed, web, collaborative) - building a solid base of Eclipse for the next 10 years.
Interested Parties: (alphabetically) - See also the Kick-off meeting:
- Broadcom, Embarcadero, Freescale, Google, IBM, Nokia, NVidia, Wind River
- Component Lead: Doug Schaefer (Wind River)
This calendar is available in the following formats:
iCal,ATOM News Feed,HTML