The E4 Resources work is about improving Eclipse Platform Resources,
both in terms of APIs and end-user usability.
The Flexible Resource Model is especially about making the
concept of a Project more flexible.
The Goals are listed in detail on the Requirements page, in short:
- Enable Eclipse-based products to better adapt to the way how their users are working -
- support very large workspaces and aliasing (symbolic links) well,
- allow importing any legacy project and file system structures,
- be competitive with (Visual Studio, Slickedit, Netbeans, IDEA) and other IDE's,
- integrate with (Maven, Proprietary project systems...) and other project systems where appropriate,
- enable future environments (client/server, distributed, web, collaborative),
- provide simpler and safer programming models enabling more concurrency,
- building a solid base of Eclipse for the next 10 years.
Interested Parties: (alphabetically) - See also the Kick-off meeting:
- Broadcom, Embarcadero, Freescale, Google, IBM, Nokia, NVidia, Wind River
- Component Lead: Doug Schaefer (Wind River)
This calendar is available in the following formats:
iCal,ATOM News Feed,HTML