The E4 Resources work is about improving Eclipse Platform Resources,
both in terms of APIs and end-user usability.
The Flexible Resource Model is especially about making the
concept of a Project more flexible.
The Goals are listed in detail on the Requirements page, in short:
- enable Eclipse-based products (and especially IDE's) to better adapt to the way how their users are working,
- support very large workspaces and aliasing (symbolic links) well
- be competitive with (Visual Studio, Slickedit, Netbeans, IDEA) and other IDE's,
- integrate with (Maven, Proprietary project systems...) and other project systems where appropriate,
- enable future programming models (client/server, distributed, web, collaborative),
- provide simpler and safer programming models enabling more concurrency,
- building a solid base of Eclipse for the next 10 years.
Interested Parties: - See also the Kick-off meeting:
- Wind River - Doug Schaefer (Lead), Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf
- Broadcom - James Blackburn
- Embarcadero - Kenn Hussey
- Freescale Semiconductor - Serge Beauchamp
- Google - Terry Parker, Tom Ball, Sergey Prigogin
- IBM - Boris Bokowski, Mike Wilson, Szymon Brandys, Chris Recoskie, John Arthorne
- Nokia - Ken Ryall
- NVidia - Eric Frey
This calendar is available in the following formats:
iCal,ATOM News Feed,HTML