The E4 Resources work is about improving Eclipse Platform Resources,
both in terms of APIs and end-user usability.
The Flexible Resource Model is especially about making the
concept of a Project more flexible.
The Goals are to
- enable Eclipse-based products (and especially IDE's) to better adapt to the way how their users are working,
- provide simpler and safer programming models enabling more concurrency,
- be competitive with (Visual Studio, Slickedit, Netbeans, IDEA) and other IDE's,
- integrate with (Maven, Proprietary project systems...) and other project systems where appropriate,
- enable future programming models (client/server, distributed, web, collaborative),
- building a solid base of Eclipse for the next 10 years.
This calendar is available in the following formats:
iCal,ATOM News Feed,HTML