Difference between revisions of "E4/Meeting Minutes/Status 20130307"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
(Minutes)
Line 24: Line 24:
 
* We had some discussion on how to implement split editors
 
* We had some discussion on how to implement split editors
 
* We are going to delete hundreds of old developer topic branches in eclipse.platform.ui git repository. We will create tags for all branch tips so work is saved
 
* We are going to delete hundreds of old developer topic branches in eclipse.platform.ui git repository. We will create tags for all branch tips so work is saved
 
+
* Logger: universally agreed our provisional Logger is not the right answer and we don't have time to come up with a good replacement in Kepler. We will leave it internal for now.
 
+
 
+
Logger
+
ICF
+

Revision as of 11:49, 7 March 2013

Attendees

  • Curtis
  • Mike
  • Brian
  • Daniel Rolka
  • Szymon P
  • Bogdan
  • John
  • Paul2

Minutes

  • Next week is M6. Full day test pass on Tuesday March 12.
  • API Freeze for Kepler next week. Changes after that are possible but need PMC approval
  • We are now all using the CBI builds for all development and testing
  • Paul W still looking to get three fixes in
  • John deleting code - provisional API that never went anywhere and isn't used
  • e4 photo example now working again
  • Eric working on list of services to make API. This will be very small for Kepler.
  • We also need some high level documentation describing how the different bits of API fit together, how to use them from perspective of someone writing a part, etc.
  • Any bundle with real API needs a version number >= 1.0, and at least migrate minor segment from previous release.
  • Need to ensure we don't have duplicate mechanisms between @Named style and service injection
  • We had some discussion on how to implement split editors
  • We are going to delete hundreds of old developer topic branches in eclipse.platform.ui git repository. We will create tags for all branch tips so work is saved
  • Logger: universally agreed our provisional Logger is not the right answer and we don't have time to come up with a good replacement in Kepler. We will leave it internal for now.