E4/Meeting Minutes/Status 20120503
- Ian Skerrett
- Working on getting builds going. Solaris x86 might not make it for M7.
- Problem with emacs binding not working in new workspace. Still investigating for M7.
- CSS is currently in home directory, needs to be somewhere app specific. Looking at a simple solution for 4.2.
- Windows icon brander cannot handle PNG files. Must fix for 4.2 or we need to pull out large icons
- Investigating fullscreen support. Not getting an event when exiting fullscreen state
- Want to fix Quit so it prompts for confirmation on Mac, but also enable an RCP app to have a single place to override the quit behaviour. We have different potential solutions to solve parts of the problem but not all of it.
- Dangling listeners are being left around on perspective close - will investigate for M7 but not sure if fix will make it today.
- FYI Curtis is away May 10-21
- Investigating problem with child handlers conflicting with their parent handers. Related to EMACS keybinding bug - likely defer to RC1.
- Bug with calling setSelection twice - fixed for next build.
- We are currently starting up with no active part. We could either try restoring the part that was active on shutdown, or perhaps make editor active part
- Documentation screen shots not updated for 4.x. Might not have the cycles to do a full refresh.
Discussion of Marketing 4.2
- We reviewed the draft Eclipse 4.2 landing page. It is in early draft form and we will continue to revise it.
- Reduce emphasis on known issues -> move to readme
- Need a copy of the 4.2 porting guide in a linkable location. John to provide something to Ian
- Ian to start new 4.2 FAQ on wiki. Will start a new wiki page and pull any relevant content from Eclipse4/Eclipse_SDK_4.0_FAQ.
- Need a list of "top 5 advantages for RCP developers". Brian to come up with an initial list for Ian
- Could we do a short video showing off 4.x features. Brian volunteered to work on something - needs a list of coolest features to show off.
- Update readme for 4.2 (John)
- New and Noteworty (John). Screen shot refresh for new icon.