E4/Meeting Minutes/Status 20111006
- Tom Schindl
- David Williams
- Brian DeAlwis
- John Arthorne
- Eric Moffatt
- Oleg Besedin
- Bogdan Gheorghe
- Remy Suen
- Dean Roberts
- Looking at test failures in 3.x stream.
- Reviewing patches from community
- Looked at WTP CSS editor to see if we could use it
- Doesn't seem to be a way to contribute custom content assist for our crazy extensions
- Moved further down the XText CSS editor route.
- It pulls in a number of dependencies so there may be an issue with packaging in SDK
- Looking at memory consumption of context code. Made some improvements.
Discussion of how to organize UI development to avoid overhead and reduce risk of failure across 3.x and 4.x. See bug 359616 for details.
- Currently we have two copies of 95% of our code that is in common (via branching)
- How do we avoid the duplication in all the common code but keep a structure that makes it easier to keep ui.workbench branches up to date.
- Looking at how to get the perspective story working in multiple windows
- Introduced place-holder resolver to handle it properly
- Switched platform to require rather than include EMF
- Allows installing features that include a different version of EMF
- Working on saving perspectives with detached windows