Development Resources/Project Plan/Modeling Project
In the Modeling Project, we're all about Agile development, so the intent is to make the overhead as lightweight as possible. Consistency while supporting variety.
- Committed Items: mark with galileo+, and assign to a reusable milestone, eg. "M1", "M2", ... "M7" or "RC"
- Proposed Items: mark with galileo+, and assign to either the "---" target milestone, or the actual release version, eg., for EMF, 2.5; for OCL, 1.3.
- Deferred Items: mark with galileo-
Planned vs. Unplanned
To differentiate things planned up front vs. great ideas added along the way, it's suggested you use the plan keyword.
Group By Theme
To group your plan items by theme, it's suggested that you use the Status Whiteboard. To do so, query for two or more bugs, then scroll to the bottom of the list.
Click the Change Several Bugs at Once link, select the bugs you want to change, and set a Status Whiteboard value for those bugs:
Finally, you need to embed queries in your plan.xml. Here's an example.
Testing your plan.xml
- You can commit your changes into CVS, wait 30-60 seconds, and refresh your your plan doc's URL, eg., modeling.emf.cdo plan.xml.
- Or, you can use the XSL Tools project to render a plan locally before you commit it.
If your query works in a browser but returns nothing when viewed through the project plan renderer, it maybe be because the renderer is stripping parts of your query. See bug 248672 or this workaround.