Development Resources/Initial Contribution
Before you begin, your project needs to be provisioned. As part of that process, your project will be given a code repository, access to the downloads server, etc. You and your other developers will also be given committer access; only committers can write code into your code repository. But before you start writing to the repository, your first contribution ("initial contribution") must be scrutinized by the Eclipse IP Team.
To make your initial contribution:
- Wait until you receive notice from the Webmaster that your project has been provisioned
- Ensure that the namespace in your contribution aligns with Eclipse naming conventions (i.e. org.eclipse.[project-name].*)
- All all bundles and package names should be correct.
- Make sure that you have the required notices
- [[The about.html|about.html], license files etc.
- Pack up the source code and attach it to a bugzilla record as "Initial Contribution" under your new project's bugzilla component
- Then use the Foundation Portal to open the CQ referencing this Bug.
More information is available in The New Committer Handbook.