Development Resources/HOWTO/Parallel IP Process
... Parallel IP approvals for Incubating Projects at Eclipse. This process will clearly benefit Incubating Projects in that they will now be able to proceed with development activity while due diligence is completed in parallel.
(1) Is My Project Eligible (i.e., Conforming)?
All conforming Incubation phase Eclipse projects are eligible to participate in the Parallel IP process.
A conforming project:
their project home page.
- Correctly displays the same incubation logo on their project's primary download page.
- All downloadable zip files for builds and milestones must include the word "incubation" in the filename. For example,
- The jar files in the download zip file are not required to contain the word "incubation" in the filename. (See bug 178944 for the explanation.)
- All "Bundle-Name"s must include the world "incubation". Note that "Bundle-SymbolicName"s should not include "incubation" because the Bundle-SymbolicName is a technical namespace, not a user namespace. For example,
Bundle-Name: Foo Plug-in (Incubation)
- Similarly, the names for update manager features must include the word "incubation". For example,
Eclipse Platform (Incubation)
Projects are listed as conforming or non-conforming on the >main /projects page by the egg (conforming) and egg-with-red-slash (non-conforming) icons. If you believe your project is conforming (i.e., 1-5 above) but is listed on the main projects page as non-conforming, send email to the EMO and ask us to update the database.
(2) Preparing the Docuware
The docuware must cover the issues from above especially the formation and viability of the three communities. Most projects combine their Graduation Review with the Release Review of their 1.0 release, in which case the docuware must also cover the Release Review issues.
(3) The Review Process
Once the review content has been created, the operational side of a Gradation Review is described at Development Resources/HOWTO/Review Process.
(4) After a Successful Review
After a successful advisory vote and the approval of the Graduation Review by the EMO:
- the EMO will send email to the project developer mailing list with the approval<
- the project can remove the "incubation" labeling and logos from their website pages
If the Graduation Review was also a Release Review, see after successful review" notes those reviews.
This page is moderated by Anne Jacko and Bjorn Freeman-Benson (Eclipse Foundation)