Development Conventions and Guidelines
As with any product being built by a team, there are various areas where standards, conventions, and other guidelines can play a role in helping to ensure that the resulting product presents to developers and customers as a unified whole rather than as a loose collection of parts worked on by a variety of individuals each with their own styles and ways of working.
The following list of standards, conventions, and guidelines cover a wide range of aspects of the Eclipse project:
- Naming Conventions - How to name things like packages, classes, and methods
- Coding Conventions - How to make Java code readable
- Javadoc - How to write documentation comments, especially for API
- User Interface Guidelines - How to achieve user interface consistency
- Version Numbering - How to how to evolve plug-in version numbers