|Meeting Title:||Conference Call on Device Debugging|
|Date & Time:||Thursday 3 Sep 2009 at 8:00am PDT / 10:00 am CDT / 11:00am EDT|
|USA/Canada tool free dial-in:||(866) 869-3090|
|International dial-ins:||Austria 01 92 87 547, Germany 06 92 22 21 61 10, Sweden 08 56 61 94 27, France 01 70 73 27 20, UK 02 08 11 81 026 or 08 44 57 90 592|
- Pawel Piech (Wind River)
- Patrick (TI)
- Mikhail (ARM)
- Daniel Fredrich (Freescale)
- Navid (TI)
- Ken (Nokia)
- Dobrin (TI)
- Natasha (IBM)
- Samantha (IBM)
- Mike and Andrew (Ulstrasok in Cambrige)
- Darin (IBM)
Agenda and Minutes
- 20% time commitment to open source
- Command framework API opening
- 50% of a person committed to platform debug
- Breadcrumb notifications
- Working on launch configuration templates
- Look to improve
- Need to create a top-level plan for Helios for Debug
- Commitment about 25%
- No plans for memory view enhancements
- Breakpoint View Improvements
- Created new view based on flexible hierarchy. Completed the implementation of the flexible viewer.
- Right now the flex breakpoint view always shows context-sensitive content... will change to make backward compatible.
- PDA example as demo show breakpoints with children elements.
- Working sets
- Couple more actions in toolbar
- Blocking issues:
- Expansion and sorting in tree view is not working
- Cannot control whether checkbox is visible or not for individual elements
- Sharing code is difficult with just patches
- Detail Pane
- It's a requested feature :-)
- Need to implement a standard detail pane so that we don't have blank space.
- If a model overrides the breakpoints view input, its content provider is responsible for grouping.
- May need to
- Checkbox support in flexible hierarchy viewer (bug 286310)
- Need to have more review of this patch, but otherwise the patch could be contributed
- Issue: if an element check box is grayed, the user can still check an element.
- Test plugin (286981)
- Need to check tests in.
- Need to add new plugin to map file, and it may need to be added to a test feature.
- Do test build.
- Model proxy factory
- Need to do it in backward compatible way, to avoid creating unnecessary pain.
- Using a patch in factory would make it easy to uninstall proxy factories.
- Long term intentions to get commit rights?
- No answer.
- Breadcrumb notification
- JDT debugger on DSF
- Set up demo of Memory Browser