This page summarizes all the work that must be done to add Java(tm) 7 support to JDT Debug.
Current Status at a Glance
Java 7 features
| Switch on Strings
|| Polymorphic Methods
|| Completely implemented
| Partially implemented or "can be improved"
| Not tested yet
- Support for switch on strings has been added and tested - bug 350325 - FIXED
- Support for multi-catch has been added (UnifiedTypes) and tested - bug 349400 - FIXED
- Support for try-with-resource has been added and tested - bug 349400 - FIXED
- Support for Diamond has been tested - no issues found
- Support for polymorphic methods has been tested - no issues found
- Support for simplified varargs - bug 350745
How to Test
Instructions on how to test the Java(tm) 7 support can be found on the JDT Core wiki page.