Project Dash is a place where the community itself can collaborate on tools for community awareness and collaboration in support of our ultimate objective of committer quality and cooperation. The Commits Explorer and the Foundation Portal are the two current major efforts of Project Dash. We would expect that common build infrastructure and tooling will eventually be added. (See also the project info page.)
Themes and Plan
Project Dash is the open source team and Dash-prime is the closed source team. Dash-prime implements server-side tools for the Eclipse Foundation on behalf of the larger Eclipse community, but for privacy and security reasons, the Dash-prime tools are not open source. However, the same Dash project team works on both the open and closed sides and thus these project pages and plans cover both efforts.
Note that even through the Dash-prime source is closed, the project planning and tracking and progress is all open: we plan and discuss and argue and file bugs for everyone to see and participate in.
Current Dash Efforts
- Commits Explorer - Who, What, Where & When of Eclipse Project Commit Stats
- Foundation Portal - The Member/Committer Interface with the Foundation
- Ganymatic - Building a Better Coordinated Release Train
- Dash Project/Submission System - the (final?) submission and conference management system for Eclipse Foundation conferences
- Common Build Infrastructure - a new system to run small/simple builds on build.eclipse.org. See Build Workshop 2: Build Harder
Not Yet Scheduled
Features and bugs that are not yet scheduled into a milestone.