Jump to: navigation, search

Dali Project/Weekly Meeting/October 01 2010

< Dali Project‎ | Weekly Meeting
Revision as of 12:22, 1 October 2010 by Neil.hauge.oracle.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Dali Weekly Meeting

Attendees

  • Shaun, Tran, Karen, Neil, Paul, Brian

Agenda

New Topics

  • Ad-hoc
  • Demos
    • JAXB wizards (Tran)
    • JAXB project creation (Paul)
    • Make Persistent wizard (Karen)
  • Topics of interest
    • Entry points for JAXB project creation
      • Yes...all gen wizards should invoke project creation if necessary mainly for Platform info and library config
    • Should we have similar entry points for JPA wizards
      • Yes
    • JAXB library config
      • We should consider adding xjc jar to Dali dependencies so compiler is always available for the tools, slam it into the launcher classpath, might need to support different versions
    • Dali packaging for Indigo: Features, etc
  • QA

Old Topics

  • New JPA Project wizard
    • In worst case scenario, we just wouldn't have the "Add to EAR option"
  • Usability Priorities
    • Validation - still the king
    • Quick Fixes
    • Refactoring
    • Ease of Use enhancements
  • Should we remove persistence.xml UI support for descriptor customizer property?
    • Yes, and warn when used. Karen will enter a bug for this. Need to make sure these EL validation are configurable.
  • Resource Locator (flexible JPA artifact config): discussion, questions, comments, etc.
    • WAB
      • WAR case - upgrade existing WAR
      • WAB case - artifacts go in bundle meta-inf, edit manifest, etc. Just a regular plugin project.
  • JAXB Platforms: Generic 2.2? and EclipseLink MOXy 2.x
    • Generic is good, question is what to do with version
      • Version 2.2 is OK for now.
    • Perhaps Generic versions should be based only on the facet
  • Demo: Dali refactoring support - Delete refactor
  • JAXB Wizard
    • Front end to new compiler options, controls for prominent features

Next Meeting


Action Items

  • Shaun will continue to investigate WAB, bundle root changes, etc.
  • OSGi JPA spec support - need to investigate this to see what things we may need to support for OSGi
  • Allow for sync options for the persistence.xml at the project level