Dali Project/Weekly Meeting/January 29 2010
< Dali Project | Weekly Meeting
Dali Weekly Meeting
- Java EE / SE project creation
- Build for EE but test for SE by overriding persistence unit properties in code
- JAXB and SDO related support - Probably makes sense to utilize EclipseLink for these generation services. This could be a pluggable runtime feature (like DDL Gen). Should there be a JAXB/SDO Platform concept? What should we try to accomplish for Helios as this seems like it could get very big (just to support generation use cases).
- Keep it simple, but would be nice to have platform for consistency. Generic capability to pass params would be useful for the various gen options.
- Usability review for new 1-M mapping UI and other relationship mappings.
- M6 Planning
- Focus on validation after spec support
- Confirm 3.0 -> 2.3 version change for "Dali Helios"
- What will JAXB support initially look like in Dali? New menu's, project types, etc...
- No new project types for now. Have to add JAXB or SDO facet to an existing faceted project
- Could also use "Configure" menu to add JAXB/SDO support to an existing Java project
- Should we add EL 2.0 to downloadable libraries list? Released versions of Dali will not support it, but Helios milestones would.
- Need to determine what type of filtering could be done here. Paul to investigate.
- quotes or no quotes for Names in validation messages?
- Set up meeting to review metamodel gen with runtime
- Shaun to send Paul some Dali SE projects
- Shaun to file bug on derived id validation