Jump to: navigation, search

Dali Project/Weekly Meeting/February 19 2010

< Dali Project‎ | Weekly Meeting
Revision as of 17:02, 19 February 2010 by Neil.hauge.oracle.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Dali Weekly Meeting

Attendees


Agenda

New Topics

  • JAXB generation progress (demo)
    • Library config support as first step in the wizard would be nice. Need to determine if we can do this without adding a facet. Would also need a project prop for JAXB to manage library config.
    • Removing the checkbox and just selecting EL if the EL bundles were available
    • For extensibility we should add the ability to pass programmatic or user entered args to the generation process. This will allow compiler plugins to execute when run.
  • EclipseLink 2.1 support
    • Add a 2.1 platform in addition to the 2.0 platform
    • Won't necessarily support any new 2.1 specific features
  • Usability review for new 1-M mapping UI and other relationship mappings

Old Topics

  • Java EE / SE project creation
    • Build for EE but test for SE by overriding persistence unit properties in code
  • JAXB and SDO related support - Probably makes sense to utilize EclipseLink for these generation services. This could be a pluggable runtime feature (like DDL Gen). Should there be a JAXB/SDO Platform concept? What should we try to accomplish for Helios as this seems like it could get very big (just to support generation use cases).
    • Keep it simple, but would be nice to have platform for consistency. Generic capability to pass params would be useful for the various gen options.


Next Meeting


Action Items

  • Neil to update 2.1 bug with info (done)
  • Neil to get a lock down date for EL 2.1 features
  • Paul to look at the Version class to differentiate EL versions
  • Neil to add EclipseLink 2.0 support to downloadable libraries (done - 2.0.1 lib added)
  • Neil to set up meeting to review metamodel gen with runtime
  • Shaun to send Paul some Dali SE projects (done)
  • Shaun to file bug on derived id validation (done)