Difference between revisions of "Dali Project/Weekly Meeting/December 18 2009"
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
Latest revision as of 13:08, 18 December 2009
Dali Weekly Meeting
- Do we ever plan on supporting multiple persistence units? Work on JPA 2.0 Delimited Identifiers could be done in a way that would lend itself to multiple persistence unit support. This would be more difficult, but good if we are supporting multiple PU's in the future.
[group] Not something that will be done in near term. Let's not code with this in mind unless it makes sense otherwise.
- Can we need to remove the Utility Facet? What are the implications? What is the desired use case for SE and EE scenarios?
[group]lower priority than 2.0, would be nice to remove if possible before future facets are added. Will discuss further when Paul investigates.
- M5 planning
[Neil]Let's change Dali 3.0 to Dali Helios with version number 2.3 to better follow platform versioning guidelines
- Should JPA 2.0 be enabled for Java 1.5 facet?
- Metamodel @Generated is a problem in this case, otherwise running in 1.5 shouldn't be a problem.
- (Shaun) should just not use @Generated in 1.5 faceted projects, only use in 1.6 - would need to change logic to recognize metamodel without relying on @Generated annotation
- (Neil) we should try to support this case unless we determine some technical reason or functional reason why we cannot. Appears to be doable.
- What should the preselected Facet configuration be (JPA1.0 or JPA2.0 or calculated(if that is even possible))?
- (Shaun) Not completely obvious. Shaun will go back and do some research, but lets default to JEE 6 JPA 2.0 JDK 1.6 for now.
- (Shaun) we could also add configuration for JPA 2.0 w/ Java 1.5 and 1.6,
- Set up meeting to review metamodel gen with runtime