Dali Project/Weekly Meeting/April 29 2011
< Dali Project | Weekly Meeting
Revision as of 12:22, 2 May 2011 by Neil.hauge.oracle.com (New page: =Dali Weekly Meeting= ===Attendees=== * Neil, Blaise, Shaun, Paul ==Agenda== ===New Topics=== * We should include code templates for boilerplate JPA and JAXB code. Start at beginnin...)
Dali Weekly Meeting
- Neil, Blaise, Shaun, Paul
- We should include code templates for boilerplate JPA and JAXB code. Start at beginning with db or xsd, what code do I need to write from here to get something working.
- Building an EntityManager
- Creating a JAXBContext
- Create marshaller/unmarshaller
- Main class to run EM or JAXB code
- Summary of JAXB tooling related issues
- With class gen we should always add the input schema to our schema repository when possible, no check box needed.
- Need facet validation to restrict co-existence of JAXB 2.2 and JRE 1.6. JAXB 2.2 will require Java SE 1.7.
- MOXy 2.3 does not require JAXB 2.2, 2.1, 2.0.
- For Indigo, we will keep platforms the same for now, since not much functionality in EL 2.2, 2.3 Dali platforms. In the future we will want to consider opening up the EL platforms for JAXB 2.1 facet selection (making EL 2.2, 2.3 available for JAXB 2.1 facet). The issue is that many users will be on 1.6 for a while. It would be nice to be able to take advantage of new EL functionality that does not require JAXB 2.2/JRE 1.7).
- Priorities for JAXB work
- Substitution Groups 336826
Decision was to focus on Usability for now. It will pay larger dividends than additional functionality.
- Any validation we might be missing for XmlAnyAtrribute, XmlAnyElement and XmlMixed?
- Paul mentioned schema based validation
- Can contact Martin Grebac from Metro team
- Nail down MOXy platforms to support
- EL 2.1 wouldn't support JAXB 2.2
- We need to support 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
- New functionality
- JAXB Context
- Should use root element as a root
- new mapping support (XmlTransient)
- JAXB Context
- Duplicate entity validation
- Add examples to EclipseLink override page
- Duplicate entities will cause problems with Dali - we should warn in this case, similar to multiple persistence units. You are on your own at this point, you may receive invalid validation. For Generic, probably should be a Warning saying that this behavior is undefined.
- Shaun will continue to investigate WAB, bundle root changes, etc.
- OSGi JPA spec support - need to investigate this to see what things we may need to support for OSGi
- Allow for sync options for the persistence.xml at the project level