Dali Meeting Minutes/Minutes20100622
< Dali Meeting Minutes
Revision as of 00:01, 23 June 2010 by Neil.hauge.oracle.com (New page: =Dali Indigo (3.0) Planning Meeting= ====June 22nd, 2010 ==== Attendees: Neil, Karen, Shaun, Paul, Brian, Tran ==Agenda== *Utility Facet removal/Project creation *OSGi/Maven support *J...)
Dali Indigo (3.0) Planning Meeting
June 22nd, 2010
Attendees: Neil, Karen, Shaun, Paul, Brian, Tran
- Utility Facet removal/Project creation
- OSGi/Maven support
- JAXB/MOXy support
- Quick Fixes
Utility Facet removal/Project creation
- Module Facet Removal
- Multiple project wizards (2) in the New menu
- JPA EE Project -
- JPA Project – customized first page, no “add to EAR” option
- Other user option to add JPA facet to other projects
- Other feature, ability to add non EE JPA project to an EAR. Probably not the best idea. Deployment assembly takes care of this well.
- Open Issue: When adding a project to an EAR via Deployment assembly, how do you manage the dependent libraries of that project, as they would be configured differently in the EE context.
- JAXB 2.2 Facet
- New JAXB category
- JAXB Project
- Library Provider
- Downloadable libraries
- Possible functional tiers
- Wizards only
- + model, (XML) validation for Generic
- + model, XML, validation for MOXy
- + Code assist
- + Project Explorer content, structure view
- + refactoring, quick fixes, etc
- + Details view for MOXy and Generic
- Java project support – do we remove this when facet is added? No…if wizard is invoked on a plain Java project, we will lead them through process to configure and add JAXB facet.
- How do we know what is being mapped? Ignore non-annotated entities (unless they are mapped in XML for MOXy case).
- Should we call XJC by name?
- Generic platform – Generic or Metro?
- XJC should be shipped with Dali so it is always available, assuming this can be done with dependency issues.
- Perhaps we need a workspace level setting to identify XJC for this workspace.
- Separate details and structure view from JPA?
- Does the MOXy XML mapping file override JAXB annotations, and if so at what granularity?
- jaxb.index file can list mapped classes, one for each package
- Nested mappings, wildcards
- Metro has a few custom annotation
- Resource locator should solve most our OUR problems
- PDE UI needs to evolve to support other OSGi requirements
- Need to deal with how we build java vs XML resources, based on location. May need to change current design.
- Open issues - priorities
- Leave references when making deletes, ala JDT
- Package element is lower priority
- Would be great to support altering queries with the refactoring.
- Delete/Rename/Move Entities tier 1
- Delete/Rename/Move Attributes tier 2
- Quick Fixes
- Labor intensive to do right – should support a core set of quick fixes that are high value first