Dali Meeting Minutes/Dali3.0 Iteration0
Dali 3.0 Iteration 0 Planning
- Theme for next major release will be JPA 2.0 Support
- JPA 2.0 features will have the highest priority
- If there is time left we will determine fine grained priority of core Dali and EclispeLink specific features in the backlog
- The next major release will be version 3.0, to signify the addition of major new end user and adopter facing functionality
- Limitations that will continue to exist in the next release
- Multiple PU support (this wasn't discussed, but I just thought of it)
- EclipseLink Mapping File overrides of Generic XML Mapping File
- exclude-default-mapping support
- We need to escalate our EMF XML translator issues
- We continue to have fairly severe bugs in this framework and need to determine if there is something we can do about this
- Need to investigate the possibility of removing utility module dependency and perhaps look for contributions in this area
- Investigate what Oracle product contributions are possible for 3.0 (ie Entity Diagram, Automap, etc)
- Some discussion on when JPA 2.0 spec will be complete but no concrete information
- Discussed automatic configuration of annotation processor for JPA 2.0 generated metamodel when selecting EclipseLink platform - Probably need to have a separate meeting on this.
- Schedule 3.0 planning meeting – July 13th
- Need to review JPA 2.0 Backlog items a little more before we commit to the first iteration, review and discuss tomorrow
- Karen is going to look into Nested Embeddable and dot notation, Paul is going to look at derived id support
- Need to enter bug to handle changing level of error for current Dali problems
- Support different orm.xml schema levels in newer (JPA 2.0) platforms, and we will show the UI associated with schema level. Also, there will be a warning indicating that an older schema level is being used, and that some JPA 2.0 level may not be available as a result.
- Need to determine whether or not we will continue to support EL 1.1.x platform when 2.0 platform is available.