DTP project meeting, October 5, 2011
Revision as of 19:04, 12 October 2011 by Bpayton.us.ibm.com
- Linda Chan (Actuate)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- Linda did a 2-hour stint of "booth duty" at the Eclipse.org stand at the Java One conference in San Francisco this week. She said there wasn't much traffic in the Exhibition hall, and the Eclipse.org booth wasn't set up that well to draw people's attention. She thought there weren't as many booths this year compared to last year.
- Pierre Queinnec from Zenika.com has submitted a number of good patches to improve Postgresql support. (Some are in the Postgresql enablement plugins while others are in the SQL Dev Tools plugins.) Brian P. has committed several of them. We discussed starting the Committer process for Pierre in the Enablement project. Now that we have separate repositories for each enablement area, we can give more fine-grained committer access for Enablement committers.
- Linda and Brian P. are getting better with Git and EGit. We're still having trouble with tagging though.
- We discussed whether to move from Java 5 to Java 6 for DTP builds. We don't see a compelling reason to do so right now, though Java 5 will be out of service at some point (perhaps it already is). Linda said she would see what Java version the platform is using now.
- We discussed moving to Eclipse 4.2. Will we have a problem with version tolerance ranges? From tests that Brian did a while back, the it should be pretty painless to compile and run on top of Eclipse 4.2. For now we will continue to compile with Eclipse 3.6.2 and then test running on Eclipse 3.8 and 4.2.
- For the first time, EclipseCon will be held on the East Coast rather than in Santa Clara in 2012. Linda said she would still like to go, but Brian P. said he won't be able to go, due to travel restrictions. (Santa Clara, CA is local for both Linda and Brian P., so they didn't require any travel budget to attend in past years).