DTP project meeting, October 13, 2010
Revision as of 15:24, 13 October 2010 by Bpayton.us.ibm.com
- Linda Chan (Actuate)
- Brian "Fitz" Fitzpatrick (Red Hat)
- Hemant Kolwalkar (IBM)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- We can branch 1.8.2 (and carrying on with 1.9 as HEAD) as soon as Hemant is done with his Sybase model refresh checkin
- Linda asked why the DB2 DB definition hasn't changed since DB2 v9.1. Brian P. will check into that.
- Fitz checked in a catalog loader fix
- Fitz put a survey out on his blog to find out how people are using DTP. He said he has eight responses so far (which is more than we expected). He will let it go on for a month. He will summarize the results for us when the survey is done.
- Linda said that Actuate is investigating how to create J2EE apps that include BIRT and DTP but that don't use OSGI bundles. To make installation and management easier, they want a single large collection of classes, managed through the classpath. Linda will keep us informed how that goes.
- The IBM team in Isreal has refreshed the BiDi patches so that they compile now. Brian P. will start looking at them more carefully.
- The build team has started building DTP 1.9 using Eclipse 3.6.1 as a base. There were a few problems (version tolerance issues) in Incubator that Linda took care of.
- Fitz updated the DTP metadata for 1.8.2
- There is a newsgroup entry regarding SQL Builder and the AS keyword; Brian P. should respond.