DTP project meeting, June 15, 2011
Revision as of 13:59, 15 June 2011 by Bpayton.us.ibm.com
- Linda Chan (Actuate)
- Brian "Fitz" Fitzpatrick (Red Hat)
- Hemant Kolwalkar (IBM)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- The Indigo release review for DTP was completed successfully, and DTP 1.9 is ready for release.
- The Build team has archived the old DTP releases (that is 1.8.1 and older)
- We have investigated the DBUnit issue and didn't find any jar that we include
- Linda has continued investigating Git and GitHub. She recommends that Connectivity, Modelbase, and SQLTools should have their own Git Repository. That's because having one large repository slows things down for minor changes. For Enablement, she recommends that we create repositories by DB vendor.
- Linda says that working with basic changes in a single repo., then working with Git is pretty easy. Doing branching and merging and multi-repo changes is more complicated. Linda will find out from the Actuate build team what their schedule is for BIRT.
- There is an open question in Eclipse.org about whether to leave old releases in CVS, or move everything over to Git.
- Linda will ask the build team to branch 1.9 and 1.9.1 (HEAD). She will discuss Git build with them also.
- Fitz is dropping out of the DTP PMC. He will continue to be involved in the news groups. He will also continue to lead Connectivity and Enablement. He will send an email to the EMO about this.