DTP project meeting, February 16, 2011
Revision as of 16:02, 16 February 2011 by Bpayton.us.ibm.com
- Charles Eutsler (Teradata)
- Brian "Fitz" Fitzpatrick (Red Hat)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- Charles Eutsler, our new committer on the SQL Dev Tools project, introduced himself to the others on the call. He gave an overview of what Teradata is doing with DTP. Apparently he has done a Teradata SQL parser (in JCC) that provides syntax checking and code completion in the SQL editor.
- Brian P. was able to get authorization to go to EclipseCon this year. Yah! Charles said he will look into going, now that he is a committer.
- Still need to set milestone dates for SQL Dev Tools bugs.
- DTP 1.8.2 is closing down very soon, so only critical fixes can go in now.
- Brian P. has run into a problem developing DTP 1.9 now that it has the fix to use the old version of Lucene. The Eclipse IDE does not want to load both Lucene plugin versions at the same time when launching the 2nd level Eclipse runtime environment, even though both plugins versions were selected in the launch configuration. (Note: this is not a problem when the Eclipse platform and DTP are combined in one set of plugins and launched at the first level in the normal way.) Nobody on the call had dealt with this, so Brian will have to investigate further.
- Looks like we are good to go for the release train for Eclipse 3.6.2 / DTP 1.8.2. No nag notes from emo lately.
- There has been discussion in the cross-projects forum regarding formatting settings that are saved with a project. This could be very helpful, particularly for the Modelbase plugins, since they contain a lot of generated code.
- Linda is getting back to working on a non-OSGi implementation of DTP. She is currently dealing with an issue where without OSGi, the connectivity code doesn't know how to find its default folder. She is thinking of using an environment variable that will be used when OSGi is not there.