DTP Source Code Repository
Migration from CVS to Git
DTP source code repository has been maintained on CVS since the beginning of the project. After the Indigo release (DTP 1.9), the DTP project is planning to migrate our source code repository from Eclipse CVS to Git. This is in line with the overall direction of Eclipse projects. We also want to take the opportunity to refine the source code organization and clean up obsolete plug-ins, as part of the migration.
We are essentially migrating the DTP CVS Head branch to Git, and it will include the history in CVS. Starting from DTP 1.9.1 (Indigo SR1 release) and on, builds will be made from the Eclipse Git source code repositories. If there is ever a need to build DTP 1.9 or older version, it should still grab the source from corresponding CVS branches.
We are not currently doing any nightly build for the 1.9.1 release. It will resume when the Git migration is completed.
DTP Git Repository Organization
Separate Git repository will be created for each DTP sub-project. The main guideline used for the repository split is to group those highly-related projects that are likely maintained by the same set of committers.
Below are the list of separate DTP Git repositories. See the spreadsheet for the proposed directory structure and content in each Git repository. Note that obsolete or archived plug-in projects will not be migrated, and are thus not included in the Git repositories.
Separate Git source repositories for each sub-project and enablement groupings
where <vendor> are: hsqldb, ibm, ingres, msft, mysql, oda, oracle, postgresql, sap, sqlite, sybase
- org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.general.git -- contains non-vendor specific enablement plugin projects
Each of the above source repositories contains the following sub-folders, if content exists:
- plugins/ : contains source plug-in projects
- releng/ : contains map file of the source plug-in projects
- tests/ : contains unit test plug-ins
- examples/ : exemplary implementation projects
Additional separate Git repositories for non-source projects
Resources for getting familiarized with Git
Some Useful EGit/Git Documentation
- Platform-releng/Git_Workflows by Paul Webster for committers migrating from CVS
- Pro Git book - especially chapter 3
- The Git Parable
- http://wiki.eclipse.org/Git/Migrating_to_Git - Migration Steps from CVS or SVN
- Git page by Denis Roy - Eclipse infrastructure, Legal stuff, pulling from external repos
Temporary Test Git Repositories
We have created a few temporary test Git repositories on github.com. Note that the directory structures found in these test repos are not the proposed ones. (See the spreadsheet referenced above for the proposed directory structures.)
To write (e.g. push) to the DTP test remote repos on github, it will need a password: Actuate2011
- DTP connectivity project:
- URI: https://YongJiang@github.com/YongJiang/DTP_connectivity.git (read+write)
- URI: git://github.com/YongJiang/DTP_connectivity.git (read only)
- DTP modelbase project:
- URI: https://YongJiang@github.com/YongJiang/DTP_modelbase.git (read+write)
- URI: git://github.com/YongJiang/DTP_modelbase.git (read only)
- DTP sqltools project:
- URI: https://YongJiang@github.com/YongJiang/DTP_sqltools.git (read+write)
- URI: git://github.com/YongJiang/DTP_sqltools.git (read only)
- URI: https://YongJiang@github.com/YongJiang/DTP_enablement_ibm.git (read+write)
- URI: git://github.com/YongJiang/DTP_enablement_ibm.git (read only)
- URI: https://YongJiang@github.com/YongJiang/DTP_enablement_oda.git (read+write)
- URI: git://github.com/YongJiang/DTP_enablement_oda.git (read only)
Browsing Remote Git Repositories
To browse the content of a remote Git repo, use a web browser with the remote repo URL, e.g.