DTP Source Code Repository
Migration from CVS to Git
DTP source code repository has been maintained on CVS since the project started. After the Indigo release (DTP 1.9), the DTP project is planning to migrate our source code repository from Eclipse CVS to Git. This is in line with the overall direction of Eclipse projects. We also want to take the opportunity to refine the source code organization and clean up obsolete plug-ins, as part of the migration.
New builds (DTP 1.9.1 and on) will be built from Git. We are not currently doing any nightly build for 1.9.1 [the Indigo SR1 release]. It will resume when the Git migration is completed.
DTP Git Repository Organization
Separate Git repositories will be created for DTP sub-projects. The main guideline used for the repo separation is to group those highly-related projects that are likely maintained by the same set of committers.
Below are the summary list of separate DTP Git repos. See the [to be] attached spreadsheet for the proposed directory structure and content in each repo. Note that obsolete or archived plugin projects will not be migrated, and are thus not included in the Git repos.
Separate Git source repos for each sub-project and enablement groupings
where <vendor> are: hsqldb, ibm, ingres, msft, mysql, oda, oracle, postgresql, sap, sqlite, sybase
- org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.general.git -- contains non-vendor specific enablement plugin projects
Each of the above source repositories contains the following sub-folders, if content exists:
- plugins/ : contains source plugin projects
- releng/ : contains map file of the source plugin projects
- tests/ : contains unit test plugins
- examples/ : exemplary implementation projects
Additional separate Git repos for non-source projects
Resources for getting familiarized with Git
Some EGit/Git documentation
Temporary Test Git Repositories
We have created a few temporary test Git repositories on github.com. Note that the directory structures found in these test repos are not the proposed ones. (See the spreadsheet attached above for the proposed directory structures.)
To write (e.g. push) to the DTP test remote repos on github, it will need a password: Actuate2011
- DTP connectivity project:
- URI: https://YongJiang@github.com/YongJiang/DTP_connectivity.git (read+write)
- URI: git://github.com/YongJiang/DTP_connectivity.git (read only)
- DTP modelbase project:
- URI: https://YongJiang@github.com/YongJiang/DTP_modelbase.git (read+write)
- URI: git://github.com/YongJiang/DTP_modelbase.git (read only)
- DTP sqltools project:
- URI: https://YongJiang@github.com/YongJiang/DTP_sqltools.git (read+write)
- URI: git://github.com/YongJiang/DTP_sqltools.git (read only)
- URI: https://YongJiang@github.com/YongJiang/DTP_enablement_ibm.git (read+write)
- URI: git://github.com/YongJiang/DTP_enablement_ibm.git (read only)
- URI: https://YongJiang@github.com/YongJiang/DTP_enablement_oda.git (read+write)
- URI: git://github.com/YongJiang/DTP_enablement_oda.git (read only)
Browsing Remote Git Repositories
To browse the content of a remote Git repo, use a web browser with the remote repo URL, e.g.