DTP Smoke Test
Revision as of 09:22, 22 May 2008 by Brianf.sybase.com
- This Smoke test is just a simple way to make sure that the basic parts of your DTP installation are working correctly.
Before starting Eclipse
- Download the latest Apache Derby core plug-in (do a Google search for "Derby 10 Core Plug-in for Eclipse" and you will probably find it)
- Download the Apache Derby 10.1.2 plug-in from Orbit (this links to the current recommended build - http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R200709171314/bundles/org.apache.derby_10.1.2.1_v200706111724.jar)
- Copy the plug-in into your Eclipse/plugins directory.
DTP Smoke Test
- Is the Database Development perspective available?
- Open the Database Development perspective
- Create a new Derby connection profile
- Connect to the Derby profile
- Expand into the profile to verify you can see tables, stored procedures, etc.
- Find the SYSIBM schema, expand the Stored Procedures node, right-click on a stored procedure and select "Run"
- The stored procedure should open in an editor window
- If the Configure Parameters dialog appears, change the default values as necessary and click OK
- The stored procedure executes, and the output displays in the SQL Results view
- Open the Resource perspective
- Create a new "General" project
- Create a new SQL file (select your Derby connection profile in the drop-down list)
- In the new SQL file type w/o the quotes: "select * from SYS.SYSTABLES"
- Right-click in the SQL editor and select "Execute All"
- The sql statement executes, and the output displays in the SQL Results view