This page collects resources Eclipse Data Tools Platform (DTP) release engineering.
- In early March, 2008, DTP has transitioned to a PDE-based build system managed by Xiaoying Gu. This page describes the changes made as a result of this move.
- How to build DTP from CVS using PDE Basebuilder
- Details about the former build system used for DTP 1.6 through mid-M6 (early March, 2008) can be found here.
Working with DTP Map Files
- An index from plug-in ID to map file(s) can be found here.
- Information about a map file management plug-in can be found here.
How to check out source code according to map files
An easier way is to use the org.eclipse.releng.tools plug-in (at the end of the download page for each build):
- Check out org.eclipse.dtp.releng with tag you like - Select the cvs project(s) you're interested in - Choose context menu > Replace With > Released
This should fetch each project's tag from the map files and check out the correct version.