DTP Project Lead Meeting Minutes: November 2, 2009
Revision as of 21:31, 14 December 2009 by Bpayton.us.ibm.com
- Brian "Fitz" Fitzpatrick (Red Hat)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- We went over David Williams' new "Eclipse Simultaneous Release" document (see .) We had some questions about some of the project requirements it describes.
- In the Release Review section: "Projects ... agree to provide a checklist-with-detail form that describes their compliance (or not) will all the criteria items described in this document...". That sounds like a lot of work.
- "Projects must provide their own P2 repositories...": Is this something beyond what we already do?
- "About" file template: Does the date in the template need to be updated every release?
- Fitz said he had heard from the Sybase doc people that they should have something for us by Wednesday.
- We discussed Martin Oberhuber's concern about how DTP features are organized.
- Sometime in the past we took out most of our sub-features because of performance concerns. Now Martin O. suggests that we should have sub-features in order to provide flexibility for download and install.
- We noticed that WTP has 18 sub-features. So there is precedent for having lots of sub-features.
- Linda will check with the Build team about this.