← Back to DTP PMC and Project Lead Meeting page
- Brian Fitzpatrick
- Der Ping Chou
- John Graham
- Larry Dunnell
- Linda Chan
- Sheila Sholars
- Emily Kapner
- Hung Hsi
- Brian Payton
- Proposed dates for 1st maintenance release (SR1) train
- RC1 - September 2, 2008, with EPP on Sept 8, Server freeze on Sept 9, and public access on Sept 10
- RC2 - September 9, 2008, with EPP on Sept 15, Server freeze on Sept 16, and public access on Sept 17
- Ganymede SR1 - September 15, 2008, with EPP on Sept 22, Server freeze on Sept 23, and public access on Sept 24
- This roughly corresponds to our rampdown suggestion of doing a milestone build (1.6.1 M2) for August 29 the week before SR1 RC1 (probably based on the August 28 integration build).
- IBM (LJ) has requested that we adjust our build schedule slightly (from 7/25) to meet an August 7 deadline. We've suggested that we compromise and move our M1 build to August 1 and do a few days of testing after that.
- To summarize ('cause I think I just threw enough dates in there it looks like they were in a blender on puree)...
- 1) We shift the DTP 1.6.1 M1 date to August 1, 2008, which is effectively the 7/31 SH build.
- 2) We lock down changes to the 1.6/1.6.1 stream from Aug 1 to Aug 7, except for any critical fixes deemed required for the milestone.
- 3) On Aug 7, we release 1.6.1 M1 publicly and re-open the 1.6/1.6.1 stream for continued development.
- 4) With the proposed rampdown for the maintenance release train, we shift the DTP 1.6.1 M2 date to August 29 (effectively the August 28th SH build for us).
- 5) From that point forward, we roll with the standard rampdown policy for RC1 (effectively our M2) and RC2 of the SR1 release train.
- The goal here is not to force an early release of 1.6.1 if we can help it and just adjust dates for the M1 & M2 milestone builds a bit.
- We are at 30+ bugs with no target milestone set that need to be dispositioned. Please keep at this list daily if at all possible. [Here's the query.]
- Sub-project status (from team leads)
- Open discussion