Difference between revisions of "DTP PMC and Project Lead Meeting Minutes: January 15, 2007"
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
*Europa (DTP 1.5) planning:
*Europa (DTP 1.5) planning:
Revision as of 15:06, 15 January 2007
- John Graham
- Hung Hsi
- Sheila Sholars
- Der-Ping Chou
- Rob Cernich
- Brian Payton
- Europa (DTP 1.5) planning:
- Eclipse Legal has set January 31 as the deadline for submission of contribution requests for Europa. Therefore, inclusion of any external contributions or third party libraries must be in the Eclipse Legal pipeline on the 31st to be included in Europa.
- Our milestone dates are determined by the Europa schedule as posted in the Milestones and Release Candidates section of the Europa Wiki page. Note that DTP is in the "+1" category.
- By the Europa schedule, the next DTP 1.5 milestone will be on February 16 (M5). There are a number of items, in addition to regular enhancement and bug fixes, that we should seriously consider for this milestone:
- Specify the VM version requirements for each plug-in (see item 8 in "Must Do" section of Europa Wiki page)
- Compress the DTP build using "pack 200" (see item 2 in "Must Do" section of Europa Wiki page). This will be done as part of the DTP build process, so only further testing is required by the team.
- Jar DTP plug-ins: In DTP 1.0, about half of the plug-ins were in directory format. Europa will look for us to reduce this number significantly, if not completely. We should start jarring as many plug-ins as possible, with the aim of being complete by M6 (March 30).
- The PMC intends to have the high-level project plan posted by the end of January. I (John) propose that each project have their detailed 1.5 plans posted by the M5 (Feb. 16) Europa date. These detailed plans should include planned enhancements, major bug fixes, and as additional information about work projected for 1.5 as possible.
- Build environment
- The PMC has been discussing the build environment and set of supported configurations
- We would to preserve the ability to run DTP 1.5 in Eclipse 3.2.x, EMF 2.2 and GEF 3.2 on a 1.4 VM if possible. But the offical environment for Europa is Eclipse 3.3, EMF 2.3 and GEF 3.3 on a 1.5 VM.
- We therefore propose that DTP 1.5 be built on Eclipse 3.2.x, EMF 2.2 and GEF 3.2 with a 1.4 but tested primarily on Eclipse 3.3, EMF 2.3 and GEF 3.3 with a 1.5 VM. To check compatiblity, test builds against Eclipse 3.3, EMF 2.3, GEF 3.3 on a 1.5 VM will be run to ensure that the code compiles in this environment, but all DTP 1.5 posted builds (nightly, milestone, rc and release) will be built on the Eclipse 3.2.x, EMF 2.2, GEF 3.2 and 1.4 VM stack.
- Obviously this implies that any EMF model generation be done on EMF 2.2.
- We are being encouraged to move to the standard PDE build system for Europa. Whatever we decide, our build procedure needs to be clearly documented as part of Europa [optional] requirements (item 3,4 in "Should Do" category of Europa Wiki page). We need to find staffing to support this.
- Individual project status