Difference between revisions of "DTP PMC and Project Lead Meeting Minutes: April 7, 2008"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 14:02, 7 April 2008
- Brian Fitzpatrick
- Sheila Sholars
- John Graham
- DTP PMC Chair transition
- DTP 1.6M6 status
- To avoid last-minute regressions as we've seen at the end of M6, the PMC has decided to implement a new test period before declaring milestones. Since release candidates are subject to the Rampdown Policy, we're only concerned about DTP 1.6M7 here. The new policy is:
- Commits for M7 will be allowed through the build start time on Tuesday, April 29th.
- The testing period will start on April 30 and last through May 2.
- Committers wishing to include additional bug fixes in M7 between April 30 and May 2 must provide the following in an associated Bugzilla entry:
- Document the severity and impact of the bug: why should this be included in the milestone at such a late date?
- Document the proposed resolution, risk, and validation testing that will occur
- Petition the DTP PMC for permission to deliver the change to the build. At least two (2) of the four (4) PMC members must approve, with no PMC member objecting, for the bug to be authorized for the M7 build.
- Review of bugs with no target milestone set.
- Open discussion