DTP PMC and Project Lead Meeting: August 20, 2007
Revision as of 15:01, 20 August 2007 by John.graham.sybase.com
- John Graham
- Brian Fitzpatrick
- Linda Chan
- Hung Hsi
- Der-Ping Chou
- Sheila Sholars
- Brian Payton
- Need volunteer to participate in discussion around 198541, report options/decision points to PMC.
- Take a look at the Ganymede Simultaneous release page
- Must Dos/Should Dos under discussion, to be approved at next Planning Council face-to-face meeting (early October)
- We should think about these items, send notes to DTP PMC, so our views can be expressed to the Planning Council
- DTP Ganymede planning: Documents on wiki for review and discussion:
- Project Plan
- Themes and priorities: comments?
- Can we have project schedules complete by 10/1?
- Build Environment
- Trying for support of Eclipse 3.3 and 3.4: this is necessary?
- JVM 1.5 on both: What about JVM 1.6?
- Build Schedule
- Fairly standard, dates for I-builds not specified yet
- Development Environment
- This was easy to get wrong during DTP 1.5, hoping that experience makes DTP Ganymede better on this item
- Development Guidelines
- Mainly items from previous versions of dev guidelines
- Important new action item: resolution of Discouraged Access warnings: Are these a goal for DTP Ganymede?
- Project Plan
- No volunteer so far for 198541
- Discussion of DTP Ganymede planning:
- Decision (in absence of Model Base representation): Detailed project plans for 10/1, drafts by mid-September
- Discussion item: Which version of Java should be supported? Linda points out that there might be use cases for continuing with 1.4 as the base.
- General agreement that resolve of Discouraged Access warnings should be a goal for DTP Ganymede. Most likely we will not resolve all of these, but at least we should document (as a bug) any remaining.
- General feeling was the Eclipse 3.3 and 3.4 support (like we did for 3.2 and 3.3 in Europa) is desirable if possible.
- Requirements calls for DTP Ganymede will be scheduled in the coming weeks.
- (Project leads): DTP Ganymede detailed project plans for 10/1. Drafts available by mid-September.