DTP PMC Meeting November 21, 2006
Revision as of 11:18, 5 December 2006 by John.graham.sybase.com
- John Graham
- Sheila Sholars
- Linda Chan
- (John): DTP 1.0 RC0 status
- DTP API contract: Default proposal -- Follow the platform, see:
- Eclipse 3.3 Project Plan:Compatibility with Previous Releases
- API Rules of Engagement by Jim des Rivières
- DTP 1.0 ramp-down policy
- Re-use of Apache Derby Eclipse plug-in?
- LPG library status
- (John):DTP 1.0 user doc update
- As mentioned on dtp-dev this morning, the DTP 1.0RC0 build looks good for promotion this evening
- API contract: discuss with project leads next week. Default proposal seems fine, but we should get project lead input as well.
- Discussion about DTP 1.0 ramp-down plan
- The PMC concludes that being able to distribute the Apache Derby plug-in for Eclipse would be useful, since it will make it easier to connect easily with our exemplary database.
- LPG 1.1 is not backward compatible with LPG 1.0. We should initiate the approval process for 1.1 and contribute it to Orbit.
- John: Update ramp-down plan per discussions and circulate link to PMC for further review.
- Update, 11/22: Complete
- John: Initiate Eclipse legal review for including Apache Eclipse plug-in ("core") with DTP.
- John: Initiate Eclipse legal review for including LPG 1.1 with DTP.
- Update, 12/5: Per 12/4 team meeting, postpone this request until we determine if 1.1 or 1.2 is appropriate for DTP Europa.