DTP PMC Meeting November 14, 2006
Revision as of 17:22, 17 November 2006 by John.graham.sybase.com
- John Graham
- Sheila Sholars
- Linda Chan
- (John): Update on EclipseCon 2007 DTP sessions
- (John): Proposal for "prototypes" folder in each subproject CVS tree
- (John): Update on DTP release horizon
- EclipseCon 2007 update:
- 3 short tutorials proposed, 3 accepted
- Let's encourage people to submit their proposals as early as possible, to give maximum community review time
- Prototypes folder
- Ask project leads to create one in their CVS module
- Committer wishing to add to prototypes asks project lead, who then petitions PMC. The main point is to have a clear plan for prototpye code, such as alternatives in design, early versions of new features, etc.
- Discussion about release horizon
- DTP 1.0 in Dec 06, supports Eclipse 3.2.1
- DTP 0.9.2 in Feb 07 (with Callisto), supports Eclipse 3.2.2
- DTP 1.5 in June 07 (with Europa), supports Eclipse 3.3
- No other releases planned at the moment
- Moving forward, we'll need to set up a dependency matrix to show which versions of the platform and other DTP dependencies are known to work with specific versions of DTP
- Need to define ramp down policy for 1.0 and understand what features are contained
- DTP 1.0RC0 (11/17): All DTP 1.0 plug-in ids known, API review set complete, IP log updated
- DTP 1.0RC1 (12/1): Feature freeze -- only serious bugs addressed thereafter
- John: Set up doc review call
- Update, 11/17: Pending discussions with doc team.
- John: Support of Vista for DTP: Yes/no? If so, when/how?
- Update, 11/17: Best information to date has Vista testing occuring for DTP 1.5 release.
- John: Alert project leads that in next week's meeting (11/20), the PMC will ask for a complete and accurate picture of what features/bugs will be contained in DTP 1.0 and what will not be
- Update, 11/17: Done.