← Back to DTP PMC Meetings from 2009, October through December page
- Linda Chan (Actuate)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- We discussed the future of DTP.
- Fitz has put out a call for participation on his Blog and in the DTP newsgroup. We don't expect a rush to respond :-(
- A general trend is that the major contributors (Actuate, IBM, Sybase) are more focused on revenue-producing products, and want to recoup some of what they have invested in Open Source.
- Linda said Actuate is thinking of doing more with the Query parser and model. Brian explained how it works in more detail to Linda.
- Brian suggested that the PMC go through the open defects and pick out the most important ones to get fixed in DTP 1.7.2 and 1.8.
- We also need to go over David William's list of rules for participating in the Eclipse Release Train.
- We discussed when to branch DTP for 1.7.2/1.8. Linda said she is still making changes for 1.7.2 (that should also go into 1.8), so it would be inconvenient to branch now.