DTP PMC Meeting Minutes: November 17, 2009
Revision as of 20:03, 14 December 2009 by Bpayton.us.ibm.com (New page: ← Back to DTP PMC Meetings from 2009, October through December page ==Attendees== *Brian "Fitz" Fitzpatrick (Red Hat) *Linda ...)
- Brian "Fitz" Fitzpatrick (Red Hat)
- Linda Chan (Actuate)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- Branching for 1.8:
- Linda checked with the Actuate build team that builds DTP, and they said it's OK to branch the feature projects only. This provides a DTP 1.8 build for Helios without requiring us to branch the code and do double check-ins for 1.7.2 and 1.8.
- Fitz asked whether we will be able to add the other stuff to the branch at a later date? Linda said she thinks so, but will double-check that with the build team.
- We should branch the feature files before M4, which is December 11, 2009
- FYI: Neil Wang is adding patches for translation bugs. However, he is marking the bugs as "Fixed", even though the they aren't yet checked in. Brian will educate him on the Bugzilla process.
- Brian attended the most recent Eclipse Architecture Council meeting, and MyLyn's Discovery Service was discussed. Looks like this will move into P2. We might be able to take advantage of this to make finding and installing DTP easier.
- Fitz said that Zend has opened a bug 283807, which is an area that Quy might be familiar with. Brian will as Quy to take a look.
- Brian asked Fitz to take a look at the fix in 294290.
- Linda brought up the questions from Teradata. Apparently they are interested in the same thing that Zend just proposed a patch for. (See the notes in the dtp-dev mailing list).