Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DTP PMC Meeting, October 14, 2008"

Line 20: Line 20:
  
 
==Minutes==
 
==Minutes==
 +
*Put Brian's name down as the AC member mentor for now
 +
*Nominate Linda as an Architecture Council member
  
 
==Action Items==
 
==Action Items==

Revision as of 13:07, 14 October 2008

Back to DTP PMC Meeting Page

Attendees

  • Brian Fitzpatrick
  • Linda Chan
  • John Graham
  • Sheila Sholars

Regrets

Agenda

  • Architecture Council now wants an AC member to be a mentor to the Incubator projects. Though Linda has been helping out a ton with the ODA-Ecore provider, John and I were chatting and think that I should just be the mentor "in name" to meet this AC requirement and Linda would be the mentor by proxy.
  • Enablement - Oracle has proposed (as I did earlier in the year) that we attempt to use a method similar to WTP's method of pulling in distributed plug-ins to help our users and developers pull in enablement plug-ins for different databases and other sources (such as Oracle & JBoss) or where we can simplify grabbing wrapped JDBC drivers (like SQLite, Sybase, etc.) from within Eclipse instead of going out, downloading them, and dropping them in the installation
  • For our committers, I think we should do something similar to what RSE has done (http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/committer_howto.php) to provide some details on how our processes work
  • Open discussion
  • For New and Noteworthy as we go through Galileo, I'm thinking we use a simple process for developers.
    • For any bug/enhancement they deliver a fix for, they'll need to update Bugzilla anyway.
    • Have them add [NN] to the title of the BZ entry and put a comment in the bug summarizing what's changed.
    • We can then just go through and do a query for a given milestone, pull together (and edit) the comments, and publish a PHP/HTML file with the relevant changes.
    • Alternative: Have them add [NN] to the comment where they summarize what's changed. We should be able to query on that as well.

Minutes

  • Put Brian's name down as the AC member mentor for now
  • Nominate Linda as an Architecture Council member

Action Items

Tabled for Later Discussion