Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DTP PMC Meeting, May 27, 2008"

(Agenda)
(Action Items)
 
(5 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 10: Line 10:
 
==Agenda==
 
==Agenda==
 
*Follow up on Babel
 
*Follow up on Babel
 +
**New bug from Antoine (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=234181) - he's willing to help translate DTP into French!
 
**(From Denis Roy) The Language packs produced by Babel are those for the latest version of  
 
**(From Denis Roy) The Language packs produced by Babel are those for the latest version of  
 
each project that is defined.
 
each project that is defined.
**I see DTP is not yet listed as a participating project, so once it's  
+
**I see DTP is not yet listed as a participating project, so once it's added, simply define map files for DTP 1.6 and you're all set.
added, simply define map files for DTP 1.6 and you're all set.
+
**We do have plans to build packs for multiple project versions in the future.  We just need extra hands  :)
**We do have plans to build packs for multiple project versions in the  
+
future.  We just need extra hands  :)
+
 
*Do we go ahead and list DTP 1.6 as a participating project? I can register our map files with Babel
 
*Do we go ahead and list DTP 1.6 as a participating project? I can register our map files with Babel
 
**http://babel.eclipse.org/babel/map_files.php
 
**http://babel.eclipse.org/babel/map_files.php
Line 23: Line 22:
 
***http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.datatools.releng/maps/modelbase-plugins.map?view=co
 
***http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.datatools.releng/maps/modelbase-plugins.map?view=co
 
***http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.datatools.releng/maps/sqldevtools-plugins.map?view=co
 
***http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.datatools.releng/maps/sqldevtools-plugins.map?view=co
 +
*Accessibility assessment
 
*Question about TVT bugs - coming hot and heavy now, how critical?
 
*Question about TVT bugs - coming hot and heavy now, how critical?
 
*Question about cross-project dependencies (the DTP/WTP optional dependency loop)
 
*Question about cross-project dependencies (the DTP/WTP optional dependency loop)
Line 30: Line 30:
  
 
==Action Items==
 
==Action Items==
 +
* Babel project - Linda will add list of languages to BZ - will wait until later in June to commit map files to Babel project due to TVT testing/fixes that are going on currently
 +
* TVT bugs - need to send Sheila an e-mail with a list of the BZ's need feedback on
 +
* New dependencies need to be approved, especially those across other projects, orbit, 3rd party, or whatever
 +
* WTP is a +2 and DTP is a +1 release, so things may shift between when our stuff is ready and WTP's stuff is ready
 +
* Need to remove this as quickly as possible - if they need ideas how to get around this, check with David Williams
 +
* Need to go through each extension point and make sure we have something in the Overview section for each - Linda is creating a Connectivity BZ -- fitz will take a look at the SQL Dev Tools ones and assign a BZ entry to them if necessary
  
 
==Tabled for Later Discussion==
 
==Tabled for Later Discussion==

Latest revision as of 13:27, 27 May 2008

Back to DTP PMC Meeting Page

Attendees

  • Brian Fitzpatrick
  • Linda Chan
  • Sheila Sholars

Regrets

  • John Graham (in China for Red Hat)

Agenda

each project that is defined.

Minutes

Action Items

  • Babel project - Linda will add list of languages to BZ - will wait until later in June to commit map files to Babel project due to TVT testing/fixes that are going on currently
  • TVT bugs - need to send Sheila an e-mail with a list of the BZ's need feedback on
  • New dependencies need to be approved, especially those across other projects, orbit, 3rd party, or whatever
  • WTP is a +2 and DTP is a +1 release, so things may shift between when our stuff is ready and WTP's stuff is ready
  • Need to remove this as quickly as possible - if they need ideas how to get around this, check with David Williams
  • Need to go through each extension point and make sure we have something in the Overview section for each - Linda is creating a Connectivity BZ -- fitz will take a look at the SQL Dev Tools ones and assign a BZ entry to them if necessary

Tabled for Later Discussion

  • Discuss after Ganymede release
    • Discuss DTP charter change to simplify addition of a committer to two or more subprojects at the same time without going through separate committer elections
    • Perhaps in the future come up with a Component architecture document that shows DTP dependencies to consumers
    • Schedule a "scrubbing" pass of the bug backlog after 1.6 (over the summer) to close bugs that we won't ever fix (minor tweaks, things that have been obsoleted along the way, etc.) to try and reduce the bug count