Difference between revisions of "DTP PMC Meeting, May 12, 2009"
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
Latest revision as of 14:29, 12 May 2009
- Brian Fitzpatrick
- Linda Chan
- Brian Payton
- John Graham
- Some debate in the planning council about builds (plus we have a BZ about it somewhere, but I can't find it this morning)
- They want to include what they're calling the "runtime" components - basically whatever the user needs, not necessarily what developers need.
- In our case, we have two distributions - SDK (Developer bits, Frameworks, Enablement, Source), non-SDK (Developer bits, Frameworks, Enablement, no source)
- Do we need to add a new distribution that's just for the Frameworks and Enablement bits?
- Is this even possible in the time we have left for Galileo? Probably not. But doesn't hurt to plan ahead.
- DTP IPlog is going to their automated tool, which means we may have some work to do
- Any more discussion with Amazon Web Services folks?
- Open discussion
- Will put off the DTP distribution discussion a bit, but early on it looks like we'll want to do a Server (i.e. non-UI runtime) distribution, a User distribution (core UI + server), a Developer (core UI + Server + dev plug-ins), and a Dev + Source distribution. Perhaps more than that? Food for thought for next release
- Bug 242092 is where I'll capture this discussion
- Brian P asked when will we branch? I'm thinking we can branch sometime after RC3 is done, but we may want to leave a bit of extra room. Brian P is looking at some of the refactoring work he has to do to make some of his frameworks work better in RCP, which sounds like more of a major release bit of work than a maintenance release. So when do we look at branching for maintenance vs. next year's major release?
- As far as IP log goes, Linda mentioned that the ODA XML plug-ins now use a different version of Xerces, which would necessitate an update to the CQ so we reuse the newer CQ for the Xerces version we're pulling from Orbit. She'll send me a note with the BZ# when she checks with the developers.