DTP PMC Meeting, June 3, 2008
Revision as of 16:27, 2 June 2008 by Brianf.sybase.com
- Brian Fitzpatrick
- Linda Chan
- Sheila Sholars
- John Graham
- Branching/timing - after RC4?
- Maintenance release dates? 1.6.1 - Wednesday September 24 - September/Fall release, and 1.6.2 - Wednesday February 25 - February/Winter release - ok with everybody?
- Moving to Subversion? Technical advantages?
- Standard folder structure to help with common builds?
- Accessibility assessment
- Open discussion
- New dependencies need to be approved, especially those across other projects, orbit, 3rd party, or whatever
Tabled for Later Discussion
- Discuss after Ganymede release
- Discuss DTP charter change to simplify addition of a committer to two or more subprojects at the same time without going through separate committer elections
- Perhaps in the future come up with a Component architecture document that shows DTP dependencies to consumers
- Schedule a "scrubbing" pass of the bug backlog after 1.6 (over the summer) to close bugs that we won't ever fix (minor tweaks, things that have been obsoleted along the way, etc.) to try and reduce the bug count